If you would like to apply for our Association membership, please complete a Membership Application Form which should be duly signed by yourself, the applicant, an Ordinary Member as the “Proposer” and a member of any category as the “Seconder”. It shall be sent with a cheque made payable to the “Hong Kong Special Care Dentistry Association Limited” for the Application Fee to the following address:
Hong Kong Special Care Dentistry Association
Shops E13-15, G/F, Cho Yiu Centre, Cho Yiu Chuen, Kwai Chung, N.T.
(Attn: The Honorary Treasurer)
As members of this Association, we hope to find ways to serve those in our society requiring special care, to improve their oral health and quality of life. We are seeking to host academic lectures and training programmes in clinical management, institute oral health promotion programmes and we shall be involved in the research of SCD. We hope to work together to develop and implement new projects to actualize our vision and missions. If you are interested in what we do or in serving the communities in need of special care and are committed to the vision, missions and objectives of our Association, you are cordially invited to join our membership as an:
- Ordinary Member
- Associate Member
- Student Member
There are five classes of Members:
- Honorary membership may be conferred by the Board at the recommendation of the Executive Committee upon any person who has made or is capable of making substantial contributions to the Association. Honorary Members are non-voting members but are entitled to attend all general meetings of the Association and are eligible for election as Directors.
- Life membership may be conferred by the Board at the recommendation of the Execution Committee upon any Ordinary Member who has rendered distinguished service to the Association for a substantial period of time. Life Members are voting members who are entitled to attend all general meetings of the Association and are eligible for election as Directors.
- Ordinary membership is open to any Dentist or Medical Practitioner who is committed to promote the objects of the Association. Ordinary Members are voting-members who are entitled to attend all general meetings of the Association and are eligible for election as Directors.
- Associate membership is open to Dental Hygienist and ancillary dental personnel, Nurses, Social Workers and other allied health professionals, parents and any concerned person who are committed to promote the objects of the Association. Associate Members are non-voting members but are entitled to attend all general meetings of the Association and are not eligible for election as Directors.
- Student membership is open to any students of dental, medical, social sciences and other allied health services who are committed to promote the objects of the Association. Student Members are non-voting members who are not entitled to attend any general meeting of the Association and are not eligible for election as Directors.
著的貢獻都可被推薦成為榮譽會員。榮譽會員雖沒有投票權﹐ 但 可參與會員大會及可參選董事會。
永久會員需由董事會作出推薦。在成為永久會員前﹐ 該會員需是 本會的普通會員﹐ 持續性地對本會有卓著的貢獻。永久會員擁有 投票權﹐ 可參與會員大會及可參選董事會。
普通會員是為牙科和醫科醫生而設。普通會員擁有投票權﹐ 亦可 參與會員大會及參選董事會。
附屬會員是為牙科衛生員及其他牙科輔助從業員﹑ 護士及其他醫 療輔助專業人員、社會工作者和其他對「無障牙科」有興趣的人士
（例如心理學家、老師、家長等等）而設。附屬會員沒有投票櫂及 不可參選董事會﹐ 但可以參與會員大會。
學生會員專為就讀牙科﹑ 醫學﹑ 社會科學及專職醫療的學生而 設。學 生會員會協助宣揚本會的服務宗旨。學生會員沒有投票 權﹐ 亦不可參與會員大會及參選董事會。